Finance and Accounting for Managers
This highly practical programme will help you to increase your understanding of the use of accounting and finance in the business context. By the end of the programme, you will be able to communicate effectively and confidently on financial matters within your organisation.
What will I get out of the programme?
- Increase your confidence and understanding in financial matters
- Develop your skills in analysing and interpreting financial and accounting information, particularly in the context of the organisation's strategy, its competitors and its industry
- Be better at decision making, both on day-to-day matters and investment decisions
- Increase your ability to communicate effectively with company accountants
- Understand how and why value is created by businesses.
Your organisation will gain:
- A more financially focused and efficient asset utilising approach
- An understanding of business value and a drive towards profit
- Managers who are better at making business decisions
- Better communication between finance and operations.
What is the programme about?
- Information for decision making both financial and non-financial
- Understanding and analysing the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
- Planning, budgeting and cash flow forecasting
- Cash flow and working capital management
- Understanding and managing costs
- Break-even and contribution analysis
- Driving and monitoring divisional performance
- Preparing and evaluating capital project appraisals
- How to drive and monitor performance and create value throughout the company.
Who is the programme for?
Functional managers and directors with budgetary responsibility, who have little or no financial or accountancy training, and need to improve their knowledge to manage their business areas more effectively.