Operations, Programme Management and Information Systems
Strategic Performance Management
Executing Strategies and Policies Using Strategy/Success Maps and Balanced Scorecards
The Strategic Performance Management programme will help you successfully implement your strategy and validate its contribution to the organisation’s success. You will practice success mapping and learn how it can be used as a tool to compliment your Balanced Scorecard, building understanding and commitment across the organisation. You will learn about measurement and the different roles it takes, especially how you use the feedback to validate strategy and strategic assumptions.
If booked with Operational Performance Management, on consecutive dates, the total price will be £4,275 + VAT.
What will I get out of the programme?
- Understand the power of successful performance measurement
- Gain a realistic view of what Balanced Scorecards can and cannot deliver
- Develop the ability to design, implement, manage and review performance measures and targets that are aligned with your strategic objectives
- Learn how to validate and challenge strategy using feedback from the performance measurement system.
- Understand and practice how to develop strategy/success maps and Balanced Scorecards using the latest tools and techniques
- Learn how to design, implement, manage and review strategic performance measures and targets that are aligned with your strategic objectives
- Learn how to plan and perform strategic performance measurement reviews
- Practice validating and challenging strategy with performance measurement results.
Your organisation will benefit from:
- An improved strategic measurement system that will help in the achievement of your business objectives.
Private and public sectors clinics are designed to give delegates the opportunity to discuss their own strategic performance measurement and management issues outside the classroom.
What is the programme about?
The programme is all about how you design, implement and use strategic performance measurement systems. You will be introduced to a process approach for doing this, practice the tools, hear the pitfalls to be avoided and see the examples of good practice.
Previous participants have successfully designed and updated their scorecards and corporate performance management systems after completing this workshop.
Day One covers:
- Challenges in executing strategies
- Strategy Maps and Balanced Scorecards
- Success Maps and Performance Prism
- Customer value propositions
- Activities and exercises.
Day Two covers:
- Designing appropriate performance measures
- Setting the right targets
- Mapping strategic initiatives
- Activities and exercises.
Day Three covers:
- Managing the performance review process
- Using information strategically
- Validating strategies
- Activities and excercises.
Who is the programme for?
The Strategic Performance Management programme is suitable for directors and managers who are responsible for implementing strategy, designing and refreshing their scorecards or developing their organisational performance management system. It will be particularly useful to project sponsors and leaders as well as senior line managers looking to improve their expertise in performance management.
- Executives: C - level, Public Administrator, VP, General Manager, Director
- Corporate and Strategic Planning professionals
- Performance Management Professionals
- Human Resource Professionals
- Heads of Department and Line Managers
- Internal Corporate Consultants
- Organisational Development Professionals.