Cranfield IT Leadership Programme
This programme will equip you with the knowledge, skills and tools you need as an IT leader, enabling you to improve your organisation’s effectiveness in the use of IT. By the end of the programme, you will have developed your leadership skills whilst shaping the strategic direction and value of IT in your organisation.
`The Cranfield IT Leadership Programme is probably the most useful and valuable training I`ve ever undertaken`
Tim Birmingham, Barclays Bank
What will I get out of the programme?
- Broaden your knowledge base and successfully impact your personal effectiveness and performance as an IT leader
- Develop leadership skills to advance your career
- Learn new skills and competencies that are essential for shaping the strategic direction and generating value through IT
- Become part of a life-long learning network.
Your organisation will benefit from:
- Immediate effectiveness using assignments between modules, giving you the opportunity to use theories and frameworks in a practical setting
- Exposure to novel practices, models and ideas for immediate implementation
- Visible signs of career development
- Improved organisational effectiveness, specifically focusing on how IT can add value to your organisation.
What is the programme about?
The programme will be delivered in three modules over a four-month period, each with a specific theme. You will work on contemporary case studies and exercises that have relevance to your organisation. Between modules, you will undertake assignments, with coaching provided by programme faculty, ensuring your learning is reinforced and immediately applicable.
Module 1: Building Capability
For the IT leader, a key thrust of this programme is to build the personal capability to be effective. The organisation must similarly build a capability to continuously generate business value through IT.
Module 2: Developing Relationships
Initiating and sustaining positive relationships is a key ingredient of success through IT. The IT leader must be able to build relationships right across the organisation as well as with external service providers and vendors.
Module 3: Creating Change
For the IT leader, increasing effectiveness will usually demand personal change. At an organisational level, value from IT only emerges through creating change in the organisation and/or its business model. Change can often require innovation.
Who is the programme for?
- IT Executives and their key reports
- IT Executives with ambition to lead in the future
- IT Executives who feel that they need the 'extra edge'
- Business people with responsibility for IT.
Centres of Expertise
Information Systems Research Centre (ISRC)