Marketing, Sales and Client Relationships
Marketing Strategy and Planning: Defining strategies that deliver growth in sales and profits
(Formerly Marketing Plans: How to prepare them, how to use them)
This programme helps you to prioritise resources in challenging times and give you new tools and techniques for defining marketing strategies that deliver sales and profit growth. It helps you to achieve the maximum business benefit by developing marketing plans that focus on sources of differentiation other than price such as your customers, hence protecting margins and growing revenue. By the end of the programme, you will have a step-by-step process for developing marketing strategies that really work and that achieve the organisation’s goals. You will be able to organise the planning process effectively and get buy-in from internal and external stakeholders.
What will I get out of the programme?
- Enhance your skill and confidence in marketing planning
- Be able to better use customer insight to drive segmentation and planning
- Get maximum effect from your precious marketing resources
- Gain a common language and toolset for planning
- Be able to segment your customer base/market and prioritise the most attractive customers
- Be able to design value propositions that differentiate you from competitors
- Leading edge customer insight techniques to identify and satisfy unmet needs
- Be able to design channel strategies to reduce costs and increase market coverage without damaging customer experience
- Be able to sell your ideas to your board.
What is the programme about?
This highly practical programme alternates between theory and practice by working on real life plans. We will share our wealth of experience of what works and what doesn’t, which has been gained through decades of working with blue-chips on their marketing planning processes.
We help you to gain confidence in how to form marketing strategies which start with your customers’ needs rather than your existing products. This confidence will allow you to be more ambitious, set your sights higher, and really make the most of the limited resources available to you. You also gain a vocabulary and toolset to help you with your strategic marketing plans.
You will practice:
- Prioritising segments
- Understanding customer needs by segment
- Creating value propositions
- Developing marketing strategies
- Creating multichannel strategy
- CRM benchmarking
As part of the course you receive a copy of Marketing Plans: How to prepare them, how to use them, written by Malcolm McDonald and Hugh Wilson (7th Edition). The book has sold over half a million copies and is the best-selling book on marketing planning.
Who is the programme for?
Directors and senior managers from all functions who need to participate fully in the development of more effective approaches to increasing sales and profits. Marketing directors, managers and executives who need to drive marketing plan development and execution and make full use of their marketing resources.
Teams are welcome to attend and work on a plan for their own company (maximum 5 delegates per organisation).