Essential Management provides key managers in Small to Medium Sized Businesses (SMEs) with the toolkit of skills needed to drive the business forward. As owner/managers are driven to work more effectively ON the business and less IN the business, the knock on effect is that the senior team becomes increasingly responsible for delivery of key business goals and targets. Many managers are already overstretched, and require training and development to more effectively manage their time, their people and the business itself. That’s where Essential Management comes in.
The 4 day programme (2 days x 2 days separated by a week, with an in-company assignment in between the two modules) is designed for any manager with senior responsibility in a growing business who wants to develop a sold grounding in the principles of management and core business functions.
"Thank you both for the really helpful ‘Essential Management’ course. There was a lot of gold in there, which I am now trying to take onboard and incorporate into my knowledge and / or behaviour. You were both really excellent presenters; I don’t think anyone switched off or glazed over once – which has to be unusual for 30 people over 4 days!
I’ve been over all my notes again, and much more following-up with have to keep going on. I must aspire to keep it all fresh in my mind, and to keep growing and developing."
Cecilia Bromley-Martin | Head of Communications & PR | liftshare
What will I get out of the programme?
- Develop a deeper understanding of the core elements of business s management including: finance, marketing, strategy and operations
- Develop and practice skills needed to effectively manage people including: time management, team building, managing meetings, performance review, interviewing, recruitment and selection, coaching, mentoring and delegation
- Understand the role you play in leadership and management and the balance of time and effort required to do both effectively
- Work on YOUR business. We will not use case studies; all examples will be in real time, using businesses on the programme
- Develop a much deeper understanding of the business as a whole, alleviating the silo’d mentality.
- Gain a huge amount of confidence and a great network of future support from the other senior managers on the programme.
What is the programme about?
Essential management does exactly what it says. It covers the essentials of management - strategy, marketing, finance, people management and personal effectiveness.
Like all our programmes it covers the 3 levels of management - managing the business, managing others and managing yourself.
Who is the programme for?
Any manager with senior responsibility in a growing business who wants to develop a solid grounding in the principles of management and core business functions.