A study of the realities of middle and front line management work in healthcare
HDTM is a collaborative research project between Cranfield School of Management and Cranfield Health. The project is funded by the NIHR Health Services and Delivery Research (HS&DR) Programme from January 2009 - June 2012.
This project will address three related sets of questions:
- What are the new pressures and demands facing middle and front line managers in healthcare?
- What are the implications of these trends?
- How do managers cope with shifting priorities and expectations?
- What roles do middle and front line managers play in implementing changes?
- How are changes arising from adverse events implemented, and how can this process be improved?
- How does management practice affect clinical and organizational outcomes?
- What factors influence the management contribution to performance?
- How can thecomponents of an ‘enabling environment’ for the management contribution be assembled and sustained?