Centre for General Management Development
Realising business leadership potential
Cranfield Advanced Development Programme
The Cranfield Advanced Development Programme prepares high potential senior managers for business leadership roles. It raises your leadership contribution and shifts your focus from operational management to strategic leadership.
The programme combines the knowledge needed to operate at the most senior levels in organisations with the personal insight and skills to use that knowledge well to engage peers and stakeholders who may well have different views.
What will I get out of the programme?
You will gain:
- An understanding of the global trends shaping business now and in the future
- The ability to think strategically about your industry and business
- The skills to influence business strategy beyond the recession
- The knowledge of how to be more personally influential at all levels
- A clear vision of how to inspire and engage those you lead
- A better understanding of how to manage career and personal demands of a business leadership role effectively
- The confidence to achieve more, and more easily.
What is the programme about?
The programme tests, develops and enables you to realise your strategic leadership potential. Three one-week modules will take you through the process of thinking and acting strategically, moving beyond management to leadership and beyond the immediate focus to reading the trends shaping the business environment.
Throughout the three modules the Cranfield Advanced Development Programme provides an engaging blend of interactive presentations, case studies, syndicate work, individual assignments, live business exercises and business-related projects, which stimulate innovative thinking about your business and leadership style. This unique programme covers:
- An engaging blend of interactive presentations, case studies, syndicate work, individual assignments and business-related projects to stimulate innovative thinking about your business and leadership skills
- External speakers with personal experience of leadership roles
- Profiling questionnaires that offer new insights into personal style and its impact
- Realistic strategy projects to highlight and develop personal capabilities, peer and tutor feedback to clarify personal impact and to support development
- One-to-one coaching with the programme director throughout the programme to support your transition in strategic leadership skills
- Future scenario analysis to identify currently neglected, but significant, strategic contributions you can realistically make
- A 100-day action plan with clear objectives, activities and timescales to support the application of your personal learning back at work and the successful introduction of your strategic initiative
- 3-month and 12-month review modules and continuing networking through regular alumni events.
Who is the programme for?
The Cranfield Advanced Development Programme is an executive leadership programme that attracts senior managers with significant practical experience or operational responsibility, who have often progressed rapidly to their current position.
- Come from diverse functions and industries
- Are moving or have recently moved into roles with business strategy-making responsibility
- Aged between 30 and 45, with an average age of 39.
Dr Martin Clarke
Dr Catherine Bailey