Centre for General Management Development
Accelerated Talent Development Programme
Developing organisational maturity
The Accelerated Talent Development Programme blends essential business knowledge with a powerful personal development focus and it is this particular dimension that makes the programme so compelling. Managerial knowledge is translated into action through a twelve-month development process emphasising personal contribution, style and impact.
What will I get out of the programme?
- Achieve the transition from an operational to a management role
- Develop the ability to work outside your comfort zone
- Have a wider perspective on management and business
- Acquire an understanding of organisational politics and the social dynamics of organisations
- Develop the confidence to challenge the status quo in constructive ways
- Change through implementing pockets of good practice
- Develop a new perspective on how to make a significant and enduring managerial contribution.
What is the programme about?
In a modular format (an initial twelve days plus three and twelve-month reviews).
The design delivers a combination of practical business knowledge and personal development insight, which enables participants to optimise their learning through effective action. Ongoing development support and coaching throughout the twelve-month period is a unique feature.
The Accelerated Talent Development Programme is a substantial and enduring general management development experience for talented, high potential managers.
Delivery includes a highly interactive blend of live case studies, applied business projects, syndicated discussions and individual assignments. You will be challenged to add greater value through the credibility of your contribution. All participants will develop a 100-day action plan with clear objectives, milestones and outcomes that support the clear application of learning to the business. Three and twelve-month review modules consolidate this learning and enable participants to re- evaluate progress as a foundation for continuing development.
On completion of the programme, you can expect to gain greater personal awareness, new managerial knowledge, increased visibility and the capacity to establish your credibility quickly with senior colleagues. Specific benefits from this programme reflect the circumstances of each individual.
The Accelerated Talent Development Programme is an integrated and holistic development experience that comprises:
- An engaging blend of interactive presentations, case studies, syndicate work, individual assignments and business-related projects geared to developing managers and stimulating innovative thinking about your business
- External speakers with direct experience of progression from being a high potential to a senior manager
- Profiling questionnaires that offer new insights into your managerial skills, leadership style and impact
- Peer and tutor feedback to clarify personal impact and to support development
- Realistic and memorable business projects aimed at highlighting personal development needs
- One-to-one coaching with the programme director throughout the programme that facilitates significant transition in orientation and behaviour
- A 100-day action plan with clear objectives, activities and timescales that supports on-going personal development and organisational change
- 3-month and 12-month review modules to support change, to consolidate learning, to re-evaluate contribution and development needs and to plan for continuing development.
Who is the programme for?
You are in the early years of your managerial career, looking to reach your potential. Usually responsible for implementing rather than developing strategy, you need to gain a wider business perspective, a confident, mature management style and the senior management capabilities to fulfil your promise.
Typical participants are:
- Ambitious, with the potential to become the high-flyers of the future
- From very varied functional, organisational and international backgrounds
- Typically between 25-38 but managers outside of this age range regularly attend based on their developmental needs
Dr Veronica Burke