Programmes for Entrepreneurs
Executive Programmes for Entrepreneurs
The Centre runs a portfolio of development programmes for owner managers and their businesses at every stage of the entreprenerial life cycle from start-up through to growth and eventually harvest/exit. Our flagship programme is the Business Growth & Development Programme (BGP), which celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2013 and has had almost 1,500 high growth businesses on the programme since inception. To learn more about these programmes please visit their webpages via the links below:
The Business Growth & Development Programme and Business Growth Club
Sales Management for Growing Businesses
Finance Fundamentals for Growing Businesses
Corporate Finance for Growing Businesses
Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme
Graduate Degree Programmes
- 'Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation' elective (Executive and Full-time MBA)
The aim of the elective is to promote productive and self-sustaining entrepreneurship. To prepare for the risky, uncertain and challenging environment for new business ventures the elective takes students along the entrepreneurial life cycle and provides them with a rigorous grounding in business analysis of entrepreneurship. For more information click here.
- European Business Plan of the Year Competition (EBPYC) The business plan competition was created to encourage entrepreneurship and the creation of new ventures. An independent foundation, jointly governed by all its participating schools, the EBPYC is the longest continuous running business plan competition in Europe. Every year Cranfield sends one MBA team to represent the school at the competition. In 2010 Cranfield hosted the 18th edition of the EBPYC and in 2011 the 19th edition. For more information click here. Cranfield School of Management wins European Business Plan of the Year Competition 2011. The executive MBA team from Cranfield School of Management won the €3,000 first prize for their business ‘Filici, a new chain of restaurants. More...
- Venture Capital Investment Competition (VCIC) The competition requires MBA students to act as venture capitalists. They must go through the entire VC investment process including reviewing real business plans, conducting due diligence, creating term sheets and negotiation with the real entrepreneur in a very condensed time period. Cranfield sends one team every year to the European Regional final. The team that represented Cranfield at the competition at IESE on 16 March 2012 were very successful, winning the Entrepreneurs’ Choice Award, voted by entrepreneurs at the event. For more information click here.
- Cranfield Entrepreneurship Association (CEA) The CEA is a student-run organisation that facilitates co-operation amongst entrepreneurs across the University and the wider Cranfield community. For more information click here.
- Cranfield Business Angel Network Event MBA students have the opportunity to pitch their business idea to investors at the annual Business Angel Network Event. For more information click here.
'Creative Enterprise and Entrepreneurship'
elective on the Master of Design Innovation and Creativity (MDes) . For more information about the MDes course and the elective click here
Cranfield PhD and Executive Doctorate (DBA) in the area of entrepreneurship. For more information click here