Thursday, 12 May 2011
For further information on VentureDay 2012 - please click here.
The Bettany Centre for Entrepreneurial Performance and Economics held the Cranfield VentureDay, on 12th May 2011 for the fourth year, bringing together entrepreneurs, investors, and advisors at the Cranfield campus to address key themes of interest to fast growing and ambitious businesses. It was widely judged to be a success, with well-informed experts and networking opportunities.
VentureDay is the annual event when Cranfield's extended network of entrepreneurs, investors and advisors re-unite at the Cranfield campus, hosted by the Bettany Centre. Cranfield VentureDay is in its fourth year and is an extremely popular event. Tickets have sold out every year. This unique day consists of workshops, plenary sessions, guest speakers and business pitches and is a great opportunity to network with other venture founders and advisors. It gives you exposure to current cutting-edge research and allows you to take a step back from the everyday.
Topics of the day will include:
- The Future of British Enterprise
- Showcasing New Technology & Cutting Edge Industries
- Venture Capital and Private Equity: Full English or Burnt Toast?
- Managing Risk and Deep Diving
- Intellectual Property: Strategies to Maximise Value
- Becoming a Business Angel
- Effective Recruitment: Avoiding Expensive Mistakes
- Green Energy: Commercial Reality?
- Turning your Passion into Business
- Increasing Value and Preparing your Company for Sale
- Pitching for Finance and Non-executive Directors
There is the opportunity for businesses to pitch for finance and other support to participating investors and business experts. To find out more please contact Isobel Kettle who will send you an application form.
The full brochure including timetable, speakers and booking form can be downloaded here. Full price tickets for VentureDay cost £120 (CMA £90)
To listen to some of the delegates and speakers from 2010 and their impressions of last year's VentureDay click here .
VentureDay is hosted by the Bettany Centre for Entrepreneurial Performance and Economics in conjunction with the Cranfield Management Association (CMA). We are pleased to announce that Smith & Williamson, Coutts & Co, St. Modwen, CUBIC and Central Bedfordshire Council have confirmed that they will be supporting us.
If you have any questions about the booking form or the day please contact Isobel Kettle.