Aims to strengthen the ability to build and influence relationships so crucial in the management world.
Duration: 20 minutes
The ability to build and influence relationships and outcomes is crucial in the management world. The relationship skills required to make an impact and to influence and persuade others include:
- Understanding yourself and others
- Being empathic and building rapport
- Openly sharing thoughts and feelings
- Maintaining and developing commitment
- Getting movement without resorting to authority
- Displaying resilience under pressure
This module will examine the importance of relationship skills. It will focus on the ability to understand yourself and others and strategies for influencing them.
By the end of this module learners will be able to:
- Understand the impact of self-awareness on your interaction with others
- Describe how you can understand others by inquiring into their thinking or reasoning
- Investigate how tuned in you are to other people's emotions
- Describe how the ability to tune into other people's feelings and emotions helps build rapport
- Recognise how you interact with others and manage your emotional states