The Cranfield MBA Regatta is inviting corporate groups to enter their MBA graduates. This is a fantastic opportunity for corporate groups to advertise themselves, meet MBA students from a number of different business schools and showcase their corporate culture and teamwork skills in an enjoyable and unique environment. Previous sailing experience is not required as long as you are willing to meet new people and are up for an adventure.
The entry fee for 2013 is £3,200 per yacht. The entrance fee coveres:
- charter of Sunsail F40
- rent of up to 7 sets of waterproofs from Sunsail
- food on board for two days
- berthing of yacht in Cowes
- BBQ at Port Solent
- Regatta Dinner at Cowes Yacht Haven
- prize giving at Port Solent
Crew arrangements are to your discretion. 8 members are required: 6 crew, 1 skipper and 1 first mate with the following qualifications for skipper and first mate:
- the skipper must have sailing experience at least equivalent to RYA Coastal Skipper and 100 miles racing experience (evidence of which must be provided at the time of entry)
- the first mate must have sailing experience to the level of RYA Day Skipper or equivalent
At least 4 crew members must either hold, or be studying for, an MBA from a business school that holds AMBA, EQUIS or AACSB accreditation.
If you need to hire a skipper and first mate please contact Sunsail directly.
If not using a Sunsail skipper a returnable security deposit of £3,000 per yacht would be required via a credit card impression on the weekend of the Regatta.
Each Regatta participant will need to bring:
- sunglasses, a hat and sun block
- shoes with non-marking soles
- sleeping bag or something to sleep in
- soft kit bag
- smart/casual clothes only
- sea sickness pills