MBA (Henley Business School)
SAPM (Stanford University)
BA in Marketing (Copenhagen Business School) Awarded best grade average and best thesis BA in Finance (Copenhagen Business School)
Søren is currently working as director at Peak Consulting Group in Denmark. Before joining Peak he worked as a self-employed management consultant for companies like Siemens, A.P. Moller-Maersk, Nordea Bank, Novo Nordisk and Chr. Hansen. His focus is and was on developing his clients’ capabilities to plan, design and deliver their projects and programmes in order to gain competitive advantage.
Søren’s research interests are project, program and portfolio management issues especially:
- The adoption of management practices and innovations
- How to mature project-based organisations in order to gain competitive advantages
His doctoral research is looking at the dynamics of adopting management innovations and promising practices on large scale change programmes.
Unfortunately, existing theory offers little on the question of why potentially useful management practices often fail to find a permanent home in the organisations that try to adopt and implement them. Although a large and growing number of case studies exist on adoption and implementation of management practices the paradox of why organisations are not capable of adopting these apparently promising practices still remain to be resolved.
Multiple comparative case studies.
Programmes as Practice; innovation adoption and implementation; systems theory.
Why I Chose Cranfield
There are three reasons for why I choose Cranfield:
- Cranfield School of Management is among the world’s leading business schools with a long and established reputation for its focus on turning knowledge in to practical advice, tools and models
- Their International Centre for Programme Management is acknowledged as THE leading global hub for knowledge, insights and evidence for what it takes to foster successful programme management
- Their structured approach to develop their Executive Doctoral students
Baca, C., Bull, L., Cooke-Davies, T. J., & Porskrog, S. (2007). OPM3®— The Path to Organizational Achievement of Strategic Business Improvement. PMI Global Congress, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Porskrog, S., & Klis, V. V. D. (2008). From Good to Great with Organizational Project Management Maturity. PMI Global Congress, Denver, Colorado, USA.
A series of six articles in Project manager Today ion 2008. All with the series title: From good to great in project-based organizations. Project Manager Today, (June-December). London:
- How to achieve excellent performance in project-based organizations
- Success and performance - measurement and generation.
- Organisational project success - factors and measures.
- Project and project management success criteria and factors.
- The validity of existing project management maturity models.
- Are existing project management maturity models valid?