Praxis Customised Programmes
- MD Change Management International Ltd 1994-2008
- MD Partners in Management Ltd 1992-1994
- MD People First Ltd 1988-1992
- Course Director BA (Hons) Degree in Management at Moray House, Edinburgh University
- Course Leader Management BA (Hons)
- Director of Hotel Company, Montrose, Scotland
- Teacher and lecturer in teacher training
- Family building business
Education and Qualifications
- Teaching Degree equivalent
- Diploma in Management Studies
- MSc in Management
- Quality Assurance Assessor/Adviser
- Qualified in Psychological Testing
- Master Practitioner in NLP, Time Line Therapy and Hypnotherapy
- Studied and worked with world-renowned shamans developing a range of shamanic practitioner skills
What are you an expert in?
I am rather wary of claiming to be an expert in anything, as the more I find out about my chosen field, the more I realise I don't know!
I have skills in personal and team transformation and growth through the integration of the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual elements of our experience as human beings. I also have skills in winning new business and in coaching.
What is it you are currently thinking about/care about in the world of work?
The key for me is in assisting individuals to awaken to their individual responsibility for the results they produce in work and non-work and in creating business cultures of 'Collective Responsibility' where people feel a greater sense of connection to their immediate and wider communities.
What would you like to see change in organisations?
As above... creating organisations where productive energy replaces blame and fear... where there is no 'Them'... only 'Us'.
What is special about Praxis?
The Praxis approach mirrors my personal understanding of individual development where we require to address the 'Four Selves' - the Thinking, Emotional, Physical and Spiritual Selves. It has also had the courage to take forward a holistic and innovative approach to individual and organisational learning... and of course, the unique blend of talented and committed people.
How would you describe your teaching style?
As client-focused, inclusive, interactive, participative entertaining and energetic whilst assisting clients to produce practical and workable solutions for themselves and their business.
Personal growth; understanding the world around me; sport (played senior level rugby, amateur football, hockey, cricket and category one golf and have run several marathons and half marathons. Also coached senior rugby in the UK and abroad); keeping fit, meditation, chi gung, tai chi, shamanism/shamanic practices, music (oboe), reading, writing (two books), and being aware of, and taking opportunities in life as they arise.