Managing executive learning, management and leadership development and organisational learning
Supervisor: Kim Turnbull James BSc PhD CPsychol CSci MCIPD AFBPsS FHEA
Supervisor: Donna Ladkin BA MBA MA PhD
Supervisor: David Denyer BSc (Hons) PhD
Supervisor: James Collins BSc MSc PhD
Management learning is a central focus of Cranfield?s activity. There are diverse areas of research in this area and we invite applications from prospective doctoral students who wish to research this field. We welcome applications on many issues and topics falling within the fields of managing executive learning, management and leadership development and organisational learning.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to discuss their research ideas prior to application. We suggest that interested candidates attend one of the School of Management?s Open Days. Alternatively members of the centre`s faculty will be happy to have an informal discussion prior to formal application.
Suggested areas of research:
- Leadership development and its relationship to the context in which leadership will be exercised
- Learning design and methods in executive education.
- Executive learning in new organisation forms: global organisations/ subcontracting/ outsourcing/ cross organisation working groups and strategic partnerships - how executive learning is addressed in organisations working across traditional organisation or local boundaries
- Distributed/ collaborative/ shared leadership and leadership learning
- Organisational politics and executive learning
- Networked and technology facilitated executive learning
- The evaluation of executive learning
- Leadership and aesthetics
- The ethical dimensions of leadership
- The leadership challenges of organising for sustainability
Applicants should have a good first degree in a relevant field of study: A Masters degree in a related subject would be an advantage. Alternatively applicants should have post-graduate research experience or working experience relevant to the focus of research.
Centre for Executive Learning and Leadership Contact: